Young Men's Democratic Association of Louisville Document, July 12, 1856
- Young Men's Democratic Association of Louisville Document, July 12, 1856
- Young Men's Democratic Association of Louisville
- 1 item (9 leaves), .5 c.f.
- Political clubs -- Kentucky -- Jefferson County
- Presidents -- Elections -- 19th century
- Slavery -- United States
- Finding Aid Author
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This collection is a nine-page document created by the Young Men's Democratic Association of Louisville in 1856, evaluating the political careers of James Buchanan and Millard Fillmore prior to the presidential election. The document emphasizes each candidate's stand on the issue of slavery. The information gathered was to be published with 20,000 copies of a pamphlet distributed throughout Kentucky.
- Arrangement: Chronological