Henry Clay Letter, 18 Sept. 1850
- Henry Clay Letter, 18 Sept. 1850
- Clay, Henry, 1777-1852
- 1 item
- Harris, J. Morrison (James Morrison), 1817-1898.
- California-- Politics and government-- 1846-1850.
- United States-- Politics and government-- 1849-1853.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, U.S. senator from Kentucky, secretary of state, four time candidate for the presidency, and statesman. Clay's letter to J. Morrison Harris of Baltimore. Clay informs him that he learned from the California senators that the U.S. District Attorney for that state would, indeed, be a California citizen. Card file in repository