Appalachian Volunteers - Vista,1965-1967
- Appalachian Volunteers - Vista,1965-1967
- Appalachian Volunteers
- 3.2 lin. ft.
- Appalachia -- Surveys, community
- Appalachia -- Schools
- Appalachia -- Surveys, family life
- Appalachia -- Culture
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:M. Plarr
- Berea College
- Biography / History
- The Volunteers apparently used the Vista associates in capacities similar to summer volunteers; their term of employment, however, was usually one year, and they were technically employed by Vista.
- Scope and Content
- These are general and personnel records for the Vista associates of the Appalachian Volunteers.
- Included are file sections labelled general, personnel, and community survey results. General folders contain subject and correspondence files, clippings, and publications. Personnel folders contain computerized information sheets reflecting biographical data and interests of Vista trainees and their personal statements, and summary behavioral analysis sheets completed by supervisors which include judgments on the potential performance and suitability of individual trainees.
- Community survey results folders may include completed forms; black and white photographs of community schools; and fragmentary correspondence relating to the surveys, conducted by staff as planning tools, which recorded a variety of demographic and personal data on individual families within target communities in various eastern Kentucky counties. Included also are report forms, completed by staff, that summarize projects in the region.
- Unpublished inventory/register.