- Press Releases
- University Communications
- 25.0 linear feet. 50 legal document cases. Press releases. Good.
- Murray State University - History.
- Murray State University - University Communications Office.
- Kentucky - Murray -- Universities and colleges.
- Murray State University
- Biography / History
- The early origins of University Communications Office began in 1927 with the establishment of the Department of Journalism which handled school publicity. In 1939, a Public Relations Office was created to promote events on campus. During the fall of 1965a Department of Communications was authorized by the University's Board of Regents and the following year a Public Information Office was developed to document and distribute newsworthy items to regional and national news agencies. From 1974 to 1985, it was known as the Information and Public Services Office and from 1986 to the late 1990s as the Information Services Office. University Communications currently is part of the Institutional Advancement Office.
- Scope and Content
- Collection consists of press releases issued by the University Communications Office, and its predecessor, of Murray State University from August of 1969 to February of 1997. The collection contains a series of reports on campus events, activities and news related to the University's students and employees. Included with the press releases are a few photographs and newspaper clippings from regional newspapers.