Milton T. Carey Papers,1862-1865
- Milton T. Carey Papers,1862-1865
- Carey, Milton T
- 91 items
- Kentucky-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Sources.
- Perryville (Ky.), Battle of, 1862-- Sources.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Medical care-- Sources.
- United States.-- Army.-- Ohio Infantry Regiment, 48th (1861-1865)
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Union army surgeon. Carey served as a surgeon in the 48th Regiment of Ohio Volunteer Infantry during the Civil War. The letters cover his service on commissary and hospital boats on the Mississippi River, and at Paducah, Ky.; his capture at the Battle of Shiloh; and later service under William T. Sherman. The writer comments on war experiences, topography, and public opinion concerning the war