Annville Institute, Operational and Vital Records,1909-1979
- Annville Institute, Operational and Vital Records,1909-1979
- Annville Institute
- 4 microfilm reels
- Jackson County, Kentucky -- Schools, settlement
- Schools, settlement -- Annville Institute
- Missions -- Jackson County Ministries
- Jackson County, Kentucky -- Missions
- Jackson County, Kentucky -- Weaving
- Berea College
- Scope and Content
- Financial records include cash reports (1939 - 1949), financial statements (1954 - 1979), and journal entries (1967 - 1975). Also included is a file (1978)documenting the sale of the Institute's Weaving Room to Dorothy Brockman, an art teacher at the school and head of student industries for a number of years.
- These include general files (1909 - 1979), correspondence (1949 - 1979), and financial records (1939 - 1979) from Annville Institute.
- General files include materials on the formation of the Board of Trustees, outreach programs and social ministries (1945 - 1979), and the formation of Jackson County Ministries (1979). Also included are staff meeting minutes and handbooks, personnel files (1909 - 1979), and documentation on school programs and the physical plant.
- Correspondence includes memos and announcements (1963 - 1978) from directors to faculty, staff, and students; and general correspondence (1964 - 1979) from the last three directors of the school.