Civil War Letter,ca. 1862
- Civil War Letter,ca. 1862
- 1 item (1 leaf); 18 cm.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Correspondence
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Biography / History
- This letter, sent from "Rose Villa, Kentucky," may have been written shortly after the fall of Fort Donelson since it expresses the sentiment that the Yankees, "are marching toward Louisiana." The location of "Rose Villa" has not been determined, nor have the full identities of the sender or receiver.
- Scope and Content
- This single page "panic letter" was most likely written in 1862. This concise piece of correspondence provides tantalizing hints about home life during the Civil War, but gives little concrete information.
- Arrangement: Chronological
- Variant Name: Civil War Letter, from "Rose Villa."