John S. Pendleton Letter,1837
- John S. Pendleton Letter,1837
- Pendleton, John S.
- 1 item
- Pendleton, John S.--Correspondence
- Pendleton, Thomas S.--Correspondence
- Moving, Household--Kentucky--Oldham County--19th century
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Biography / History
- Thomas Pendleton then lived with his family near Brownsboro, in Oldham County. John suggested Thomas investigate the residence formerly occupied by Captain William Rowan. This may have been the Rowan home, Federal Hill, or a residence nearby. John described the site favorably and suggested Thomas contact "old Judge Rowan" [John Rowan] in Louisville about renting the home.
- Scope and Content
- John S. Pendleton wrote this letter from Frankfort, September 26, 1837, to his brother, Thomas S. Pendleton, concerning the latter's interest in moving his family to the vicinity of Bardstown.
- This letter was transferred to the Kentucky Historical Society in 1957 by the Missouri Historical Society. A letter of provenance is also present.
- Arrangement: Chronological
- County: Franklin; Oldham; Nelson