Appalachian Volunteers - Volunteer Project Files,1964-1968
- Appalachian Volunteers - Volunteer Project Files,1964-1968
- Appalachian Volunteers
- 18 lin. ft.
- Appalachia -- Community development
- Appalachia -- Literacy
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:M. Plarr
- Berea College
- Scope and Content
- Included are sections on Summer Volunteer Projects (1965 - 1968), the Books for Appalachia Project, and the Children's Caravan Project, all sponsored by the Appalachian Volunteers.
- Summer Volunteer Project files comprise the bulk of these and include folders of background information and of general correspondence concerning employees during the summers of 1965 through 1968. Included are applications which detail background and work experiences; letters of recommendation; and Volunteers - Vista End of Service Questionnaires, which contain Volunteers assessments of the success or failure of their Project programs, and Volunteers evaluations of how the community might continue the program.
- Additionally, a section of files called Fieldman Records documents expenditures made by Volunteers staff in communities where programs were undertaken. Documentation for the remaining projects, including Books for Appalachia and Children's Caravan, consists of subject and correspondence files.
- Unpublished inventory/register.