Southern Appalachian Studies Board of Directors Papers,1958-1962
- Southern Appalachian Studies Board of Directors Papers,1958-1962
- Southern Appalachian Studies
- 1.2 lin. ft.
- Appalachia -- Social problems
- Appalachia -- Economy
- Appalachia -- Education
- Appalachia -- Health
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:M. Plarr
- Berea College
- Scope and Content
- Materials consist of Southern Appalachian Studies staff correspondence with members of its Board of Directors and reflect the relationship of Board members to Studies projects and activities.
- Principal correspondents from SAS staff were Willis D. Weatherford, Sr. and Elizabeth Wyckoff. Board members included John C. Belcher, James Brown, William S. Cole, Thomas R. Ford, Harold A. Gibbard, Roscoe Giffin, Orin B. Graff, Aelred J. Gray, Horace C. Hamilton, John Monroe, John W. Morris, Roy E. Proctor, Frank H. Smith, Bernice A. Stevens, Vernon H. Taylor, Lorin A. Thompson, J. A. Tucker, Rupert B. Vance and Paul W. Wager. Miscellaneous correspondence of SAS Director of Religious Research Earl Brewer is also present.