Drusilla Carter Langdon Photograph Collection, ca. 1860-1917
- Drusilla Carter Langdon Photograph Collection, ca. 1860-1917
- Langdon, Drusilla Carter, d. 1917
- 33 items
- Carter Family-- Pictorial works.
- Douglas Family-- Pictorial works.
- Dwellings-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- Photographs.
- Langdon School (Mt. Vernon, Ky.)-- Photograph collections.
- Students-- Kentucky-- Mt. Vernon-- Photographs.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Drusilla Carter Langdon, granddaughter of George Douglass And daughter of Sallie Douglass Carter, lived much of her life in Baltimore after her marriage to Thomas P. Langdon. The wealthy Langdons became benefactors of several mountain schools in Ky. at the turn of the century. One in particular was the Langdon School in Mt. Vernon; another was the Brown Memorial School. The collection contains loose photographs, many not identified, and one album of snapshots of students and scenes at the Langdon School. Most of the photographs in the album are identified. Also in the collection is a photograph of George Douglass, ca. 1860, and photographs of the Douglass home in Louisville. The collection may include photographs of members of the Carter and Douglass families, but none are identified