Persian Manuscript,ca. 1739
- Persian Manuscript,ca. 1739
- Talib, Mohammed Hashim ben Mohammed
- 1 v.
- Timur, 1336-1405.
- India -- History -- 1000-1526.
- Iran -- History -- 640-1500
- Sharaf al-Din 'Ali Yazdi, d. 1454
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:Bonnie Cox
- Transylvania University
- Scope and Content
- This is a manuscript in Persian identified as a handwritten copy of the second volume of ZAFERNAMEH (ZAFARNAMAH), a history of the exploits of Timurlenk (Timur, 1336-1405) written by Persian historian Sharaf al-Din 'Ali Yazdi (ca. 1424). The manuscript was identified by a Professor Ananakiand of Hartford Theological Seminary in 1918. It is said to be a copy of Sharaf al-Din's work made by Mohammed Hashim ben Mohammed Talib in 1739. The manuscript describes Timur's invasion of India and continues to his death. The opening pages of the history are apparently missing. A letter of Professor Ananakiand accompanies the manuscript. Condition of material: fair (acid damage)., etc.