R.S. Beatty Papers, 1798-1840
- R.S. Beatty Papers, 1798-1840
- Beatty, R.S.
- 2 items
- Actions and defenses -- Kentucky -- Nelson County
- Grocers -- Kentucky -- Louisville -Correspondence
- Morehead, Charles
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This two item collection consists of a legal document and a letter collected by R.S. Beatty. The 1798 legal document signed by Charles Morehead, father of the governor of Kentucky, Charles S. Morehead, concerns the settlement of a dispute between Robert C. Slaughter and Michael Runner in Nelson County, Kentucky. Other names represented are James Brown and William Kendall. The letter, dated Louisville, Ky., Feb. 14, 1840, was written by grocers Harding and Bryant (?) to Mr. Ganaway of Washington County, Kentucky, and concerns an order of a sack of salt.
- Creator's Occupation: Collector
- Arrangement: Chronological