Board of Curators of Transylvania University Records,1908-1995
- Board of Curators of Transylvania University Records,1908-1995
- Transylvania University Board of Curators.
- 4 cubic ft., and ca 5 v.
- Transylvania University -- Administration
- Transylvania University -- Board of Curators
- Transylvania University Finance
- College trustees -- Kentucky -- Lexington
- Education, Higher -- Kentucky -- Lexington
- Universities and colleges -- Kentucky -- Lexington -- Administration
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:Bonnie Cox
- Transylvania University
- Biography / History
- The Board of Curators of Transylvania University acts to support and assist the university president and other executive officers; formulates policy upon the recommendations of those officers; and accepts responsibility for the fiscal integrity of the institution. The board is limited to no more than fifty persons. The full board meets annually; its executive committee is empowered to act on its behalf in the interim and conducts monthly meetings.
- Scope and Content
- Materials consist of minutes and financial reports of the board, along with various other reports, memoranda, and correspondence. These records include minutes and financial reports of the board and executive committee (1908-1985), along with fragmentary correspondence, memoranda, and other reports. Minutes detail the general administration of Transylvania University. Unpublished catalog of holdings.