United States Army Records,1778-1865
- United States Army Records,1778-1865
- United States Army
- 26 items
- Soldiers-- Kentucky-- Correspondence.
- Soldiers-- Kentucky-- History-- 19th century.
- Soldiers-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Personal narratives.
- United States.-- Continental Army-- Pay, allowances, etc.
- United States.-- Continental Army-- Records and correspondence.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Includes typewritten copies of records, 1778 -1780, including payroll for detachment of different regiments, 14 Apr. 1778; receipts, 15 Apr. 1778, for "Continental Service"; a 20 June 1778 inventory of the 4th Virginia Regiment's arms; and a 15 Mar. 1780 general return of the Regiment of Guards at the Albemarle Barracks. Civil War material includes a collection of letters, 1861-1865, written by Kentucky soldiers to relatives and friends discussing their experiences in the Civil War