Winfield Scott Letters,1857-1863
- Winfield Scott Letters,1857-1863
- Scott, Winfield, 1786-1866
- 2 items
- Anderson, Robert, 1805-1871.
- Generals-- United States-- Correspondence.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Soldier, 1852 Whig presidential candidate. Included are his 9 July 1857 letter to G. W. Blunt discussing Mrs. Scott's health, noting that she was in Paris, and inviting Blunt to have dinner with him at Delmonico's; and a 29 Jan. 1863 letter to Charles A. Peabody of the New England Society, interceding on behalf of General and Mrs. Robert Anderson regarding money owed Mrs. Anderson for the sale of slaves to a Judge Cox and which he apparently refuses to pay because of General Anderson's zeal for the Union