Robert A. Campbell Collection, ca. 1910-1940
- Robert A. Campbell Collection, ca. 1910-1940
- Campbell, Robert A., b. 1883
- 110 items
- Air shows-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- Photographs.
- Cave Hill Cemetery (Louisville, Ky.)-- Pictorial works.
- Cherokee Park (Louisville, Ky.)-- Pictorial works.
- Floods-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- Photographs.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Robert A. Campbell, Jr., was a son of Robert Alexander Campbell, superintendent of Cave Hill Cemetery in Louisville. He was an engineer and apparently moved away from Louisville about 1914. The collection contains glass plate and film negatives taken by Campbell. There are scenes of Louisville's Cave Hill Cemetery, Cherokee Park, and Shippingport Island. Photos include scenes in Louisville during the 1913 flood and at an aviation show in 1910. Most of the plates and negatives have not been printed