Charles F. Wing Petition, ca. 1830
- Charles F. Wing Petition, ca. 1830
- Wing, Charles F.
- 1 item
- Finding Aid Author
- Archives Staff
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Biography / History
- Charles F. Wing began his service as clerk in Muhlenberg County in 1799, having previously served an apprenticeship under Thomas Allen in Mercer County.
- Scope and Content
- The petition Wing presented to the Kentucky General Assembly, circa 1830, asked for assistance for his procurement of "well bound" books in which to record Muhlenberg County Court minutes. His petition stated Allen had taught him to record minutes in the type of books he now sought. Wing's petition also sought legislative action from the general assembly to authorize him to purchase such books at the expense of either the state or the county.
- Wing managed to procure books he deemed appropriate to record the minutes for the years up to 1825. However, the county court refused to authorize the furnishing of similar books to continue the minutes through 1830, and Wing described these minutes as being unrecorded" in small and badly bound books.
- Creator's Occupation: Muhlenberg County clerk
- County: Muhlenberg; Mercer