O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe) Poe Report, 1861 May 12
- O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe) Poe Report, 1861 May 12
- Poe, O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe), 1832-1895
- 1 item
- Ohio River Valley-- Description and travel.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Sources.
- United States.-- Army.-- Corps of Topographical Engineers-- History-- 19th century.
- United States.-- Army.-- Corps of Topographical Engineers-- History-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Union soldier. Report of a reconnaissance undertaken by Lieutenant Poe of the Topographical Engineers from 2-12 May, describing Ohio River towns from Portsmouth, Ohio, to Parkersburg, W. Va., including the Ky. town of Greenupsburg. This report was prepared for General George B. McClellan of the Dept. of the Ohio