Augustine M. Webber Letter, 11 May 1863
- Augustine M. Webber Letter, 11 May 1863
- Webber, Augustine M
- 1 item
- Kentucky-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Writes about Webber's duties as clerk on General Manson's staff at the Headquarters of the U.S. Forces at Lebanon (Ky.). Describes two "Jews" under suspicion of attempting to cross into rebel lines. Speculates about their innocence and notes their fear. Expresses hope at the news of the Union capture of Richmond. Card file in repository