Daniel Webster letter
- Daniel Webster letter
- 1839 July 31
- Webster, Daniel, 1782-1852
- 0.1 Cubic feet
- Collection is arranged by format.
- Preferred Citation
- 2011MS144: [identification of item], Daniel Webster letter, 1839 July 31, University of Kentucky Special Collections.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- Daniel Webster (1782-1852) served as a congressman; senator; and Secretary of State for William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, and Millard Filmore. Additionally, he ran for president as a Whig in 1836. He is known as one of the most distinguished and talented orators to sit on Congress.
- Webster, Daniel, (1782-1852). Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. United States Congress. n.d. Web. 2 December 2011.
- Scope and Content
- The collection consists of a letter from Daniel Webster to a Mr. Crittenden discussing Webster's trip to London.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Conditions Governing Access note Collection is open to researchers by appointment.
- Use Restrictions
- The physical rights to the materials in this collection are held by the University of Kentucky Special Collections.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.