Red Bird Mission Directors' Office Files,1946-1981
- Red Bird Mission Directors' Office Files,1946-1981
- Red Bird Mission
- 9 microfilm reels; 1 partial microfilm reel
- Fund raising -- Red Bird Mission
- Hospitals -- Red Bird Mission Hospital
- Bell County, Kentucky -- Housing
- Bell County, Kentucky -- Farming
- Bell County, Kentucky -- Arts and crafts
- Social settlements -- Red Bird Mission
- Bell County, Kentucky -- Social settlements
- Bell County, Kentucky -- Hospitals
- Missions, Methodist -- Red Bird Missionary Conference
- Missions, Methodist -- Kentucky Missionary Conference
- Berea College
- Scope and Content
- These document the Red Bird Mission after its incorporation in 1968, although some earlier materials are also included.
- Included are materials that document the tenure of Mission directors John Bischoff (1946 - 1973) and Edward Ehresman (1973 - present). Among these are Board of Directors minutes, reports, and correspondence (1968 - 1978); finance and fund raising materials (1967 - 1978); and documentation on the Red Bird Mission Hospital (1949 - 1981). Also included are copies of the Kentucky Missionary and Red Bird Missionary Conference Proceedings (1955 - 1976).
- Also present are resource and economic development files (1961 - 1980) documenting work training, housing, farming, and crafts projects sponsored by the Mission in conjunction with church, government, or private organizations. Personnel files (1947 - 1981) include applications, academic and professional credentials, and correspondence concerning Mission staff.