Kentucky Adjutant General's Office Bills and Receipts, 1862-1922 (bulk: 1862-1902)
- Kentucky Adjutant General's Office Bills and Receipts, 1862-1922 (bulk: 1862-1902)
- Kentucky Adjutant General's Office, Frankfort, KY
- 452 items
- Kentucky -- Adjutant General's Office -- Archives
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- This collection consists of the bills and receipts generated by the Kentucky state government offices and possibly collected by the Adjutant General's Office from 1862 to 1902. Companies that did business with the state include Robert Clarke and Co., Cincinnati; Bennett Bros. and Co., Louisville; Holmes and Halloran; Meagher and Marshall, Frankfort; Frankfort Elevator Coal Co.; N.I. McDaniel Distributor, Frankfort; J.W. Gaines and Sons, Frankfort; John T. Buckle, Frankfort; United Express Co.
- Distributors; and W.J. Hughes and Co., Frankfort. Types of items purchased were ledgers, paper, furniture, coal, and construction materials.
- Arrangement: Chronological