Elbridge G. Walker papers, 1852-1892
- Elbridge G. Walker papers, 1852-1892
- Walker, Elbridge G., 1834-
- 40 pieces
- Walker, A. G, Dr.
- Walker, Elbridge G, 1834-
- Business records--Kentucky--19th century.
- Allen County (Ky.)--History.
- Kentucky--Politics and government--19th century.
- Arrangement is chronological.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- County clerk, merchant. Elbridge G. Walker was born in Arkansas, but his family moved to Allen County, Kentucky during his infancy. He worked in Nashville, Tennessee and Glasgow, Kentucky as a druggist's clerk, then entered the mercantile business in 1864. From 1868 to 1880 he served as Circuit Court Clerk of Allen County.
- Scope and Content
- Correspondence, business receipts and legal documents comprise the papers of Allen County, Kentucky county clerk, Elbridge G. Walker. The materials include several letters to Walker from his father, Dr. A. G. Walker, and other relatives and friends. There are business receipts, depositions, mortgage deeds, contracts, advertising handbills, calling cards and political fliers, including one listing Walker as a candidate for Circuit Court.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Collection is open for research.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.