Southern Appalachian Studies Writers' Conference Papers,1959-1962
- Southern Appalachian Studies Writers' Conference Papers,1959-1962
- Southern Appalachian Studies
- 1.6 lin. ft.
- Appalachia -- Literature
- Appalachia -- Authors
- Southern Appalachian Region: A Survey, edited by Thomas R. Ford (book)
- Appalachia -- Arts and crafts
- Berea College
- Scope and Content
- This organizational material relates to a conference for regional authors sponsored by Southern Appalachian Studies in July, 1959.
- Materials include correspondence of SAS staff with numerous Southern Appalachian authors reflecting the writers' plans to attend the creative writing workshop, donations of books to an Appalachian book collection being assembled by SAS, and knowledge of other regional authors who might be invited to attend.
- Also present are files concerning SAS donation of its publication THE SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN REGION: A SURVEY to various Appalachian library systems; papers or unpublished speeches by Willis D. Weatherford, Sr. and others on the literature of Southern Appalachia; and Berea College alumni questionnaires returned in response to SAS requests for information concerning the availability of published county histories in the alumnus' community, local writers, local arts and crafts, and other information.