Andrew Johnson Proclamation, 1865 Oct. 12
- Andrew Johnson Proclamation, 1865 Oct. 12
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875
- 1 item
- Kentucky-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Sources.
- Martial law-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- President of the United States. Printed proclamation signed by Johnson, in type, ending martial law in Ky. Johnson comments on why martial law was established in Ky. and explains why it can now be ended