William Croghan Papers,1788-1879
- William Croghan Papers,1788-1879
- Croghan, William, 1752-1822
- 0.66 cubic ft.
- Caves-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Farmers-- Kentucky-- Jefferson County-- Archives.
- Mammmoth Cave (ky.)-- History-- Sources.
- United States-- History-- War of 1812-- Sources.
- Croghan, George, 1791-1849.
- Croghan, John, 1790-1849.
- Jesup, Thomas Sidney, 1788-1860.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Revolutionary War veteran, surveyor and farmer of Jefferson County, Kentucky. Includes correspondence, and land, business, and legal papers of William Croghan and his heirs, Dr. John Croghan, William Croghan, Jr., and Thomas Sidney Jesup. William Croghan's papers, 1807-1813, include his 31 August 1813 letter to John O'Fallon speculating about the success of the American fleet on Lake Erie, the fall of Canada, and George Croghan's abilities. Dr. John Croghan's papers, 1790-1849, include his 1 January 1849 will deeding Mammoth Cave to Joseph Underwood, George Gwathmey, and William Bullock. Thomas S. Jessup's papers, 1845-1877, include correspondence, receipts, and estate papers of himself and his heirs