Richard M. Bean Letters, 1898
- Richard M. Bean Letters, 1898
- Bean, Richard M., 1879-1947
- 96 items
- Castleman, John Breckinridge, 1841-1918.
- Grant, Frederick Dent, 1840-1912.
- Watterson, Henry, 1840-1921.
- United States.-- Army.-- Kentucky Infantry Regiment, 1st.
- United States.-- Army-- Supplies and stores.
- Military education-- Basic training.
- Puerto Ricans.
- Spanish-American War, 1898.
- Spanish-American War, 1898-- Desertions.
- Spanish-American War, 1898-- Health aspects.
- Spanish-American War, 1898-- Underground movements-- Puerto Rico.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- U.S. soldier in the Spanish-American War, 1898. Enlisted and served in Company C of the 1st Kentucky Infantry Regiment. During the Spanish-American War, Bean enlisted in the 1st Kentucky Infantry Regiment, Company C. He was trained at Camp Thomas (Ga.) and was sent to Ponce (P.R.). He wrote home about his experiences and observations about military life, with emphasis upon lack of supplies and poor medical conditions. Card file in repository