- Radio-TV Publicity
- University Communications
- 2.5 linear feet. 5 legal document cases; 13x27x39 cm. Press releases. Good.
- Murray State University - History.
- Murray State University - University Communications Office.
- Kentucky - Murray - University and colleges.
- Murray State University
- Biography / History
- The early origins of University Communications Office began in 1927 with the establishment of the Department of Journalism which handled school publicity. In 1939, a Public Relations Office was created to promote events on campus. During the fall of 1965a Department of Communications was authorized by the University's Board of Regents and the following year a Public Information Office was developed to document and distribute newsworthy items to regional and national news agencies. From 1974 to 1985, it was known as the Information and Public Services Office and from 1986 to the late 1990s as the Information Services Office. University Communications currently is part of the Institutional Advancement Office.
- Scope and Content
- Collection consists of press releases issued to local and regional radio and television stations by the University Communications Office of Murray State University from January of 1983 to March of 1993.