Jack Adams Papers,1861-1873
- Jack Adams Papers,1861-1873
- Adams, Jack
- 104 items
- Card index in repository.
- Paper money-- Confederate States of America.
- Paper money
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- May be Jack Adams (1817-1886), a wealthy merchant of Mt. Vernon, Ky. Collection of Confederate paper money consisting of seventy-two bills totalling $580.75, issued during 1861 and 1862. Also includes thirty-two handwritten receipts, checks, stamps, and notes. A check, 1872 Jan. 20, signed by Jack Adams lists Mt. Vernon, Ky. as his residence. Family tradition attests that this money was given to an African-American family living in Bardstown, Ky. following the Civil War