Robert Scott Crops and Livestock Notebook, ca. 1840-1884
- Robert Scott Crops and Livestock Notebook, ca. 1840-1884
- Scott, Robert W. (Robert Wilmot), 1808-1884
- 1 item; 35 cm.
- Scott, Robert W. (Robert Wilmot) 1808-1884
- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc.
- Crops -- Kentucky -- Franklin County
- Farmers -- Kentucky -- Franklin County
- Livestock -- Kentucky -- Franklin County
- Livestock breeders -- Kentucky -- Franklin County
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Biography / History
- Robert Wilmot Scott, agriculturist, was born in 1808 in Bourbon County, Kentucky. He attended Transylvania University and became a lawyer in Frankfort, Kentucky. In the 1830's, Scott abandoned his law practice to become a farmer in Franklin and Woodford Counties. His farm was known as Locust Hill Plantation and he became one of Kentucky's most progressive farmers and livestock breeders. Scott died in 1884 at the home of his son-in-law, S.I.M. Major, in Frankfort and was buried in the Frankfort Cemetery.
- Scope and Content
- This one item collection is a notebook created by Robert W. Scott of Franklin County, Kentucky, with notes and newspaper clippings concerning crops and livestock. The notebook, dated ca. 1840-ca. 1884, contains notes on the growing, breeding, and selling of livestock and crops and also includes a page on testing the richness of milk.
- Arrangement: Chronological