True American (Lexington, Ky.) Broadside, 1845
- True American (Lexington, Ky.) Broadside, 1845
- True American (Lexington, Ky)
- 1 item
- Clay, Cassius Marcellus, 1810-1903.
- Dudley, Benjamin Winslow, 1785-1870.
- Hunt, John Wesley, 1773-1849.
- Waters, Thomas H.
- Abolitionists-- Kentucky.
- American newspapers-- Kentucky.
- Broadsides-- Kentucky.
- Journalism-- Social aspects-- Kentucky.
- Slavery-- Insurrections-- Slaves-- Emancipation.
- Kentucky-- History-- 1792-1865.
- Lexington (Ky.)-- History.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- True American was an Emancipationist newspaper published by Cassius Clay in Lexington, Ky. A photostat copy of an extra edition of the True American which replies to Cassius Clay's political enemies who demand that he quit printing the paper. His enemies claim that the paper will cause a slave revolt and endanger the people of Kentucky. Cards available in repository