Abdallah Pilot Golddust broadside
- Abdallah Pilot Golddust broadside
- circa 1880s
- McKinley, S. P.
- 0.1 Cubic feet
- Collection is arranged by format.
- Preferred Citation
- 2008MS002: [identification of item], Abdallah Pilot Golddust broadside, circa 1880s, University of Kentucky Special Collections.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- S. P. McKinley of Pioneer Stock Farm, Shelby County, Kentucky, owned the horse Abdallah Pilot Golddust. McKinley attended St. Joseph's College, Bardstown, Kentucky, and made his living as a farmer and stockman. He began by trading mules, eventually owning and breeding trotters and thoroughbred horses. Additionally, he introduce Chester white hogs, Berkshire hogs, shorthorn cattle, and Cotswold sheep into the region. Golddust race horses were initially germane to Kentucky and were foundation horses for both trotters and Morgan Horses.
- Scope and Content
- The collection consists of a broadside advertising the stud services of S. P. McKinley's trotter Abdallah Pilot Golddust.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Conditions Governing Access note Collection is open to researchers by appointment.
- Use Restrictions
- The physical rights to the materials in this collection are held by the University of Kentucky Special Collections.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.