Willard Rouse Jillson Geology - General Information Papers,1918-ca. 1960
- Willard Rouse Jillson Geology - General Information Papers,1918-ca. 1960
- Jillson, Willard Rouse
- 4.8 lin. ft.
- Geology, economic -- Research
- Geography -- Research
- Geography of Kentucky, by Willard Rouse Jillson (manuscript)
- Natural Gas, by Willard Rouse Jillson (manuscript)
- Natural resources
- Natural gas
- Mines and mining -- Surveys, geological
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:M. Plarr
- Berea College
- Biography / History
- Jillson's correspondence, notes, and reports reflect his activities as consultant for a variety of mining and other private interests which used his services for geological field survey work undertaken after 1931. Other files reflect Jillson's activities as State Geologist and as a professor of geology at the University of Kentucky. The bulk of materials, however, documents Jillson's private business affairs and personal research.
- Scope and Content
- Materials consist of maps, logs, charts, manuscripts, correspondence, photographs, and bibliographies relating generally to the geology of Kentucky and to Willard Rouse Jillson's Kentucky geological studies.
- Included are materials relating to Kentucky natural resources such as coal, natural gases, oil, and shale, and to Kentucky's general geography. Included are unpublished Jillson manuscripts, "Geography of Kentucky" (with research notes and related correspondence), and "Natural Gas" (n.d.).
- Unpublished inventory/register.