Gibson Taylor Miscellaneous Papers,1901-1903
- Gibson Taylor Miscellaneous Papers,1901-1903
- Taylor, Gibson, b. 1862
- 14 items
- Underwood, Oscar Wilder, 1862-1929.
- Kentucky Wesleyan College.
- Gold miners.
- Gold mines and mining-- Alaska-- History-- 19th century.
- Gold mines and mining-- Alaska-- History-- Sources.
- Gold mines and mining-- Yukon Territory-- History-- 19th century.
- Gold mines and mining-- Yukon Territory-- History-- Sources.
- Alaska-- Climate.
- Alaska-- Description and travel.
- Louisville (Ky.)-- Description and travel.
- Yukon Territory-- Climate.
- Yukon Territory-- Description and travel.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Miner. Included are nine letters from Taylor to his sister from Seattle, Wash., Alaska, and the Yukon. The letters are long and descriptive, and discuss methods of travel, lodging, geography, scenery, weather, and gold mining methods. Two letters from Sara Taylor, his wife, describe their living arrangements in Seattle, curiosities from the South Seas, and visits from friends. Card index in repository