Ward family papers, 1862-1909
- Ward family papers, 1862-1909
- Ward family.
- 36 pieces.
- Graddy, Mollie Ward.
- Ward, Andrew Harrison, 1815-1904.
- Ward, Helen Lair.
- Ward, Elizabeth Ware.
- Ward family.
- Land titles--Registration and transfer--Kentucky.
- Family--Social life and customs.
- Social norms--19th century.
- Family--Kentucky--History--19th century.
- Social history--19th century.
- Moral conditions--Kentucky--19th century.
- Kentucky--Social conditions--19th century.
- Cynthiana (Ky.)
- Lexington (Ky.).
- Versailles (Ky.).
- Arranged chronologically.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- Mollie Ward Graddy was the daughter of Andrew Harrison Ward, a lawyer from Cynthiana, Ky, who was elected to the U.S. Congress for one term in 1866.
- Scope and Content
- This collection consists chiefly of letters to Mollie Ward Graddy from various family members. Most of the letters in this collection are addressed to Mollie Ward Graddy from her father, A. H. Ward, her two stepmothers, Elizabeth ("Lizzie") Ware Ward and Helen Lair Ward, and other relatives.
- These correspondences cover both her boarding school days and married life. They reflect family life, social conditions and mores in and around the central Kentucky area, particularly Cynthiana, Lexington and Versailles.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Collection is open for research.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.