American Party Broadside, 1847
- American Party Broadside, 1847
- American Party
- 1 item
- Campaign literature, 1847-- American Party.
- Catholic Church-- History-- 19th century.
- Elections-- Kentucky.
- Political parties-- Platforms.
- Fayette County (Ky.)-- History.
- Kentucky-- History-- 1792-1865.
- Scott County (Ky.)-- History.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- The American, or Know Nothing Party, was a political party active in the 19th century. Broadside printed by the American Party which voices its support for a Mr. Trabue, the American Party candidate for the Fayette County, Ky. Congressional District in the 1847 election. The text is filled with anti -immigrant and anti-Catholic Church propaganda. Cards available in repository