Pine Mountain Settlement School Library Files,1911-1983
- Pine Mountain Settlement School Library Files,1911-1983
- Pine Mountain Settlement School
- 4 microfilm reels
- Women -- Settlement workers
- Schools, settlement -- Pine Mountain Settlement School
- Harlan County, Kentucky -- Schools, settlement
- Harlan County, Kentucky -- Education, environmental
- Students -- Pine Mountain Settlement School.
- Pine Cone (newsletter)
- Conifer (newsletter)
- Fund raising -- Pine Mountain Settlement School
- Appalachia -- Surveys, religious
- Notes from the Pine Mountain Settlement School (periodical)
- Appalachia -- Ballads
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: staff; machine-readable finding aid created by:M. Plarr
- Berea College
- Scope and Content
- These include publications, letters, and papers concerning activities at Pine Mountain Settlement School.
- Correspondence (1911 - 1940) includes letters of staff members Katherine Pettit, Ethel deLong Zande, and Marguerite Butler Bidstrup; members of the Creech family; and other staff members and students.
- Also present are publications including those done by students such as PINE CONE and CONIFER (various years); scrapbooks (1919 - 1972) containing leaflets concerning fund raising, commencements, and community fairs; school catalogs; printed programs and announcements concerning the Pine Mountain Environmental Education Center (1970 - 1983); and NOTES FROM THE PINE MOUNTAIN SETTLEMENT SCHOOL (1919 - 1953, 1974 - 1982). Documentation of the academic program includes material on music, ceramics, and industrial courses. Student activities materials include programs from pageants and plays performed by students, a ballad collection, and a student survey of religious attitudes.