Mary Anderson Miscellaneous Papers, 1898-1936 (bulk 1898-1904)
- Mary Anderson Miscellaneous Papers, 1898-1936 (bulk 1898-1904)
- Anderson, Mary, 1859-1940
- 12 items
- Bloom, Levi.
- Bok, Edward William, 1863-1930.
- Watterson, Henry, 1840-1921.
- Actresses-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- History-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Shakespearean actress. The bulk of the collection consists of her letters, 1898-1904, to Edward Bok discussing photographs of her, her mother not liking publicity and not allowing her house to be photographed, possibly writing a book using her diaries, and her husband's and son's activities. Also two letters, 1936, to Levi Bloom thanking him for sending some cuttings, noting that she enjoyed his article on Joe Jefferson and Henry Watterson, and mentioning Julia Marlowe, the work of her son as an archaelogist, why she lives in England, and the publication of her book in Aug. or Sept.; and an undated note to Lady Monkton thanking her for her charming note from "a sister artist