Lexington Hydraulic and Manufacturing Company papers, 1903-1910
- Lexington Hydraulic and Manufacturing Company papers, 1903-1910
- Lexington Hydraulic and Manufacturing Company (KY)
- 1 volume, 250 pieces.
- Lexington Hydraulic and Manufacturing Company (Ky.)
- Lexington Water Company (Ky.)
- Lexington (Ky.)--Water-supply.
- Arrangement not apparent.
- University of Kentucky
- Biography / History
- The city of Lexington, Ky. was involved in a lawsuit against the Lexington Hydraulic and Manufacturing Company in the early 1900's over a contract for the construction and maintenance of the city's water works. Samuel M. Wilson, who collected these papers, was on a supervisory board.
- Scope and Content
- This is a collection of papers relating to the suit between the city of Lexington, Ky. and the Lexington Hydraulic and Manufacturing Company. The collection includes two volumes of court transcripts from a 1909 trial which tested the contract's validity, correspondence, and pamphlets. There is also a scrapbook (60M11) with clippings concerning the 1909 trial.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Collection is open for research.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.