Willard Rouse Jillson Photograph Collection,1911-ca. 1965 (bulk 1920-1940)
- Willard Rouse Jillson Photograph Collection,1911-ca. 1965 (bulk 1920-1940)
- Jillson, Willard Rouse
- 3.6 lin. ft.
- Distilleries -- Old Kennebec Distillery Company
- Rivers -- Description and travel
- Volcanoes -- Mount Saint Helens (Washington)
- Oil industry
- Coal industry
- Lumber industry
- Natural gas industry
- Europe -- Description and travel
- Berea College
- Scope and Content
- In general, photographs provide a valuable source of images of Kentucky rivers; the oil, coal, gas, and lumber industries; scenes of historic interest such as cabins, mills, logging, buildings, distilleries, and personalities; of Jillson's work as a geologist, such as of field work at Mount Saint Helens, Washington; and of his private life, including images from his European travels in the 1920s, of his family, and of the Old Kennebec Distillery Company in which he held a financial interest.
- These prints and negatives relate to Willard Rouse Jillson's personal life, to geology, and to Kentucky history.
- While a number of prints and negatives may be attributed to Jillson himself, others (predominantly 8 X 10 prints) are stamped variously as Kentucky Progress Commission, Kentucky Geological Survey, or from the Library of Willard Rouse Jillson. The latter may simply have been collected by Jillson from a variety of sources. Negatives for them are not present. Whether any of the photographs were used in any state or private publications is unknown.
- Folder list; Unpublished inventory/register.