Confederate Soldier's Home and Widows' and Orphans' Asylum records, 1880-1887
- Confederate Soldier's Home and Widows' and Orphans' Asylum records, 1880-1887
- Confederate Soldier's Home and Widows' and Orphans' Asylum (Scott county, Ky.)
- 8 pieces, 1 volume.
- Confederate Soldiers Home and Widows and Orphans Asylum (Scott County, Ky.)
- Old age homes--Kentucky.
- Soldiers' homes--Kentucky.
- Institutional care--Kentucky.
- Materials are arranged in chronological order.
- University of Kentucky
- Scope and Content
- These records consist of a record book and eight miscellaneous pieces, and are mostly financial in nature. The record book includes a list of subscribers to bonds for underwriting the Home and Asylum and the amounts and payment schedules to which subscribers committed themselves; Proceedings of the Executive Committee of the Home and Asylum, which was chaired by James E. Cantrill; and miscellaneous financial accounts. One matter discussed in the proceedings was the purchase of "Warrendale" as a facility to house the Home and Asylum.
Restrictions on Access and Use
- Conditions Governing Access
- Collection is open for research.
No items have been requested.
Researchers are encouraged to request collections at least 48 business hours in advance for retrieval. Questions? Contact us at https://libraries.uky.edu/ContactSCRC.