Emancipation Certificate, 18 Sept. 1865
- Emancipation Certificate, 18 Sept. 1865
- Lee, Charles R.
- 1 item
- United States.-- Army.-- Colored Infantry Regiment, 119th (1865-1866)-- History.
- Afro-American soldiers-- Kentucky.
- Freedmen-- Kentucky.
- Slave records-- Kentucky.
- Slaves-- Kentucky.
- Soldiers, Black-- Kentucky.
- Kentucky-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Participation, Afro-American.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Former slave in the U.S. Colored Infantry, 119th. Certifies that Lee was a soldier in the 119th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment. It also certifies that him, his wife, and children were free citizens. Issued by the Headquarters Department of Kentucky and signed by William H. Gill fo the 30th Wisconsin Infantry Regiment. Card file in repository