Freeman E. Franklin Letter, 1863 July 24
- Freeman E. Franklin Letter, 1863 July 24
- Franklin, Freeman E.
- 1 item
- Scammon, Eliakim P., 1816-1894.
- Virginia-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Sources.
- West Virginia-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Sources.
- Wytheville (Va.), Battle of, 1863-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Lieutenant Colonel in the Union Army. Letter from Franklin to Union Brigadier General Eliakim P. Scammon about military maneuvers between Wytheville, Va. and Fayette County, W. Va. The letter describes the taking of eighty-six prisoners and the capture of two artillery pieces during the attack upon Wytheville. Card index in repository