Thomas Elliot Bramlette Papers,1863-1866
- Thomas Elliot Bramlette Papers,1863-1866
- Bramlette, Thomas Elliot, 1817-1875
- 3 items
- Elections-- Kentucky-- History-- Sources.
- Governors-- Kentucky-- Correspondence.
- Kentucky-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Lawyer, politician, and Kentucky governor. A surgeon's commission in the Kentucky Volunteer Militia signed by Governor Bramlette on 8 December 1863; an 1866 proclamation directing the sheriffs of the counties of the third Congressional District to hold an election on 6 October 1866 to fill the vacancy caused by the death of Henry Grider; and an undated Civil War letter to General George H. Thomas stating that he has hired two wagons and horses to haul supplies to Nicholasville where they will be taken charge of by an escort from Camp Robinson