Stephen Gano Burbridge Papers,1862-1865
- Stephen Gano Burbridge Papers,1862-1865
- Burbridge, Stephen Gano, 1831-1894
- 22 items
- Breckinridge, Robert J. (Robert Jefferson), 1800-1871-- Correspondence.
- Clay, Brutus Junius, 1808-1878-- Correspondence.
- Herron, Francis Jay, 1837-1902.
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Finance-- Sources.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Participation, Afro-American-- Sources.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Underground Movements-- Sources.
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Union general and military commander of Kentucky. Papers include correspondence, 1862-1865, to and from Burbridge. Subjects include his efforts at promotion, impressment of slaves, military justice, and a growing rift with Governor Thomas Bramlette, Postwar correspondence from his brother, O.H. Burbridge, in New Orleans, comments on financial opportunities in Southern investments, particularly in New Orleans and Texas, and speaks of their partnership in cotton, timber, shipping, and mill interests. Card index in repository