Cora Owens Hume Journal,1863-1866
- Cora Owens Hume Journal,1863-1866
- Hume, Cora Owens, b. 1848
- 3 v.
- Education-- Kentucky-- Louisville-- History-- Sources.
- Louisville (Ky.)-- History-- Sources.
- Niagara Falls (N.Y. and Ont.)-- Description and travel.
- Patapsco Female Institute (Ellicott City, Md.)-- History-- Sources.
- Women-- Education-- History-- Sources.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Louisville resident, student. Kept by Cora Owens as a teenager, the journal chronicles personal news and events of the day in Louisville during the Civil War; while a student in Louisville at Miss Marsh's school, at Ingham University in Leroy, Canada, and at Patapsco, Maryland; and travels, particularly an 1865 visit to Niagara Falls