Mary Verhoeff Papers,1907-1960
- Mary Verhoeff Papers,1907-1960
- Verhoeff, Mary, ca. 1871-1962
- 5.33 cubic ft.
- American newspapers-- Kentucky-- History.
- Inland water transportation-- Kentucky-- History.
- Rivers-- Kentucky-- History.
- Canals-- Kentucky-- History.
- Canals-- Ohio-- History.
- Mines and mineral resources-- Kentucky-- History.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Historian, writer, and vice-president of the Filson Club. Papers include correspondence, 1907-1960, discussing Verhoeff's research interests; club memberships; and miscellaneous material. The bulk of the collection is composed of her articles, essays, and speeches regarding early Louisville, Portland, and Shippingport; Louisville newspapers; canal companies; shipping on the Ohio and Mississippi rivers; ships and shipbuilding; salt production; and coal mining. Card index in repository