Captain Robert B. Taylor Diaries,1862-1863
- Captain Robert B. Taylor Diaries,1862-1863
- Taylor, Captain Robert B.
- 2 volumes
- Kentucky Historical Society
- Biography / History
- Captain Robert B. Taylor was an officer with Company I, 32nd Kentucky Infantry of the U. S. Army. Taylor recruited his company, which was later consolidated with Company I of the 22nd Kentucky Infantry.
- Scope and Content
- Captain Robert B. Taylor kept these two diaries as records of the Civil War Battle of Perryville. The first journal, 108 pages in length, dates from October 1 through 12, 1862. The unit saw action at the Battle of Perryville on October 8, 1862, and the journal describes action before and after that battle, with diagrams and artists' conceptions of the action.
- The second diary is a small pencilled manuscript, dated Thursday, January 23, 1863. Its sixteen pages appear to be another, later account of the Battle of Perryville.
- Arrangement: Chronological
- Creator's Occupation: U. S. Army officer
- County: Boyle