Albert Sidney Johnston Broadside, ca. April 1862
- Albert Sidney Johnston Broadside, ca. April 1862
- Johnston, Albert Sidney, 1803-1862
- 1 item
- Generals-- Confederate States of America.
- Shiloh, Battle of, 1862.
- Confederate State of America-- Army-- Officers.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States-- History-- Civil War, 1861-1865-- Campaigns.
- Finding Aid Author
- Processed by: Processed by; machine-readable finding aid created by:Encoded by
- The Filson Historical Society
- Scope and Content
- Soldier. Graduated West Point, 1826; commander of Texas army, 1837; secretary of war of the Republic of Texas, 1828-1840; served in U.S. Army in Mexican War; and Confederate general killed at the Battle of Shiloh (Tenn.), 6 April 1862. Printed broadside featuring a poem mourning the death of General Johnston at the Battle of Shiloh on 6 April 1862. The poem is headed, "Lines on the death of the Confederate Gen. Albert Sidney Johnston of Ky." Card file in repository